2 (10 oz) bags frozen cauliflower rice (about 6 cups)
1 (13 oz) package of cajun style andouille sausage (sliced)
1 large bell pepper (diced)
1 small yellow onion (diced)
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp cajun seasoning
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat 2 Tbsp of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat; sauté the diced bell pepper and onion with the oil for a few minutes, or until they begin to soften.
2. Stir in the sliced sausage and continue cooking 3-4 minutes or until the sausage starts to brown..
3. Add the frozen cauliflower rice (uncooked) and Cajun seasoning to the pan; stir and continue cooking for about 5 minutes or until the cauliflower rice has warmed through
4. Do a taste test to see if you need more Cajun seasoning (not all brands are created equally). You may also prefer a little salt, pepper or garlic powder for taste.
12 oz (400g) farfalle pasta
3 Tbsp olive oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
14 oz (400g) mushrooms, sliced
10oz (300g) fresh spinach
1/2 cup (125ml) low-sodium vegetable broth
Fresh cracked pepper, to taste
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
1 tsp red chili pepper flakes, optional
1.To make the parmesan spinach mushroom pasta skillet: Cook the pasta in salted water according to the package instructions.
2.Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet. Add the mushrooms and saute for about 3 minutes until lightly browned.
3.Add the chopped garlic and cook for about 30 seconds longer. Then deglaze with a bit of vegetable broth. Reduce the heat and cook for about 1-2 minutes longer. Remove mushrooms to a plate and set aside.
4.In the same skillet, add the spinach and cook for 2 minutes until wilted. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
5.Once the pasta is ready, pour off the cooking water. Push spinach on the side in the skillet and add mushroom back, then put drained pasta in the pan and toss to combine. Add parmesan and Italian seasoning and give a quick stir. Serve the parmesan spinach mushroom pasta with red chili pepper flakes and more parmesan, if you like. Enjoy!
1 can white beans (rinse well)
2 tablespoons cashew butter
4 tablespoons maple syrup
1 teaspoon natural vanilla extract
2 tablespoons ground flaxseeds
2 tablespoons almond milk
1 teaspoon hemp hearts
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1.Place all of the ingredients except for the chocolate chips into a food processor.
2. Blend until smooth
3. Add the chocolate chips and stir well with a spoon.
4. Serve with vegan cookies or fruit. If you want, you could add some vegan cookie ……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..crumbles on top.
4 slices thick-cut bacon about 3 ounces
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 sweet potatoes scrubbed clean, peels on 1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt divided
3/4 teaspoons black pepper
2 medium avocados peeled, pitted, and diced
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Bake bacon according to these directions. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate and lightly pat dry. Once cool enough to handle, dice and set aside.
2. If necessary, move the racks to the upper and lower thirds of the oven. Increase the oven temperature to 425 degrees F. Line two rimmed baking sheets with foil (if reusing one of the bacon sheets, change out the foil for a fresh piece). Brush sheets, change out the foil for a fresh piece). Brush sheets with 1/2 tablespoon olive oil. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon saltand black pepper. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until golden brown underneath, rotating the pans 180 degrees and changing their positions on the upper/lower racks halfway through. Remove the pans from the oven, flip the slices over, then roast for an additional 8 to 11 minutes, until golden on top.
3. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the avocado, lime juice, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and smoked paprika. Mash lightly with a fork, leaving the mixture, chopped bacon, and cilantro. Serve warm or at room temperature.