1 Tbs extra-virgin olive oil
3 cloves garlic- minced
2 medium onions- diced
2 bell peppers- any color, cored and chopped
2 large carrots- peeled and diced
2 stalks celery- diced
1 medium sweet poato- peeled and cubed (optional- I added it!)
2 pounds ground turkey- I used 93% lean*
1 1/2-2 cups water- more as needed
1 can tomato sauce- (15oz)
1 can diced tomatoes in their juices- (14.5oz)
3 Tbs chili powder
1 Tbs ground cumin
1 Tbs paprika
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp kosher sea salt
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
Pinch red pepper flakes
1. Heat the oil in a Dutch oven or large soup pot over medium heat. Add garlic, onions, bell peppers, carrots, celery, and sweet potato. Saute for 5-7 minutes, until soft.
2. Add Turkey and cook until browned stirring often to break up the chunks.
3. Once the meat is browned, add 1 1/2 cups water, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes in their juices, chili powder, cumin, paprika, cayenne, salt, black pepper, and red pepper flakes. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Let cook, uncovered, until the chili thickens, about 45 minuted, stirring every so often so that the chili does not stick to the bottom. Taste and adjust the seasonings as desired.
4. Serve hot with desired topping such as sliced fresh avocado, thinly sliced jalapeno, shredded cheese, plain non-fat Greek yogurt or sour cream, freshly chopped cilantro
1/2 Cup fat free Greek yogurt (your favorite type)
1/2 Cup old fashioned oats
1/3 Cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or milk of choice)
1 Tsp vanilla extract
2 Tsp brown sugar
1 Tbs vanilla protein powder (optional)
1/2 Tsp ground cinnamon
1 Tbsp reduced fat cream cheese
1 Tbsp vanilla protein powder or powdered sugar
1/2 Tbsp brown sugar
1/8 Tsp cinnamon
Dash milk, enough to make topping come together
1. In a small mixing bowl, combine the Greek yogurt, oats, almond milk, vanilla extract, brown sugar, sugar, vanilla protein powder and cinnamon.
2. Mix well and transfer to a container that can be covered.
3. In another small bowl, combine the cream cheese, protein powder, brown sugar and cinnamon. Swirl or place on top of oats.
4. Seal container. Place in fridge overnight, remove from fridge when ready to eat!
1Tbs olive oil
10oz baby bella mushrooms
1C diced carrots- about 3 med
1/2C diced celery
1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 C flour
2C unsweetened almond milk
2C shredded cooked boneless chicken breast
1/2 C frozen peas
1/2 C frozen pearl onions
1 Tbs chopped fresh thyme
1 prepared pie crust
1 egg- lightly beaten w/ 1 Tbs water to create an egg wash
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly coat 1 (inch pie dish with baking spray. Set aside.
2. Heat a large Dutch oven or similar deep, heavy-bottomed pan over medium-high heat. Add oil, once hot, add mushrooms and cook for 8 minutes, until mushroom begin to brown, stirring occasionally. Add the carrots, celery, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Cook about 3 additional minutes.
3. Sprinkle flour over vegetables, cook 2 minutes. Slowly pour in the almond milk, adding a few splashes at a time , stirring constantly. Bring to a low boil, scraping any brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Continue to let bubble until thickened, about 3 to 5 minutes.
4. Stir in the chicken, peas, onions, and thyme. Spoon the chicken mixture into the prepared pie dish.
5. Roll pie dough into a circle large enough to cover your dish. Brush the edges of the pie dish with the egg wash, then lay the dough over the top so that it overhangs the sides. Trim the overhang to a 1/2 inch larger than edge of the dish. Gently press the dough onto the sides of the dish so that it sticks.
6. Brush all over with the remaining egg wash. Using a sharp knife, cut 3 slits in the top. Bake 25-30 minutes. Let rest a few minutes. Serve hot.
1C diced tomatoes
2C packed spinach leaves
1C shredded mozzarella cheese
2 Pizza crusts, ready-made or frozen
1 Garlic clove
1. In a blender, place tomatoes, garlic and spinach leaves, blending until smooth paste is formed
2. Spoon this sauce onto the pizza crust, spreading evenly
3. Top with cheese and any other desired topping
4. Bake in a hot oven for approximately 12 minutes (or follow cooking directions on the pizza crust packaging)