1/2 cup grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
4oz (120g) baby mozzarella balls (bocconcini)
2tbsp basil pesto homemade or store bought
1tsp minced garlic
1/4cup olive oil
Salt and pepper to season
2 ripe avocados peeled, seeded and halved
Fresh basil leaves to serve (optional)
2tbsp balsamic glaze reduction to drizzle
2tbsp fresh basil chopped
1.Combine tomatoes, mozzarella balls, pesto, garlic, olive oil, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Toss well to evenly combine all of the flavors.
2.Arrange prepared avocado halves onto a plate with fresh basil leaves.
3. Spoon the Caprese filling into each avocado halve and drizzle with balsamic glaze. Top with chopped fresh basil. Serve immediately.
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
2 cloves garlic minced
2tbsp lemon juice divided
1tsp lemon zest
1/2lb large shrimp peeled, deveined & tails removed
2cups cooked white rice
2tbsp fresh parsley chopped
1cup tomato cucumber salsa
1/4 cup feta cheese crumbled-optional topping
1.Add the olive oil, oregano, crushed red pepper, garlic, 1tbsp lemon juice, 1tsp, lemon zest, and peeled, deveined shrimp to a large bowl.
2.Toss everything together.
3.Heat a large skillet on the stove over medium heat.
4.Once the skillet is heated, add the shrimp and cook for 5-6 minutes, flipping half way through.
5.In a large bowl, combine the cooked white rice with the remaining tablespoon of lemon juice and one tablespoon of fresh parsley.
6.Divide the rice between two bowls.
7.Top with the shrimp, tomato cucumber salsa, then add the remaining chopped parsley on top.
8.Optionally top with crumbled feta cheese.
10oz cherry tomatoes (sliced in half)
2tbsp olive oil
3 cloves garlic minced
Chicken Pesto Pasta
2tbsp olive oil
1.5lb chicken breast (2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts)
1/4tsp black pepper
8oz pasta (bow-tie, penne, or fusilli)
1/4c basil pesto
1/2c heavy cream
1/4c pine nuts (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Toss cherry tomatoes, sliced in half, with 2tbsp of olive oil and minced garlic. Spread in a casserole dish. Roast for about 20 minutes while you prepare the pasta.
2.Prepare the chicken. This recipes uses 1.5lb of chicken breasts which usually means 2 large chicken breasts. Make sure to use thinly sliced chicken breasts. Slice each chicken breast in half horizontally. Season them with salt, pepper, and paprika.
3.Heat 2tbsp of olive oil on medium-high heat in a large skillet until hot. Add chicken and cook for almost 5 minutes per each side until it’s cooked through. Remove chicken to a plate. Slice it thinly.
4. Bring a pot of water to boil. Cook past according to package instructions. Drain.
5. Add cooked and drained pasta, basil pesto, and cream to the same skillet that you used to sear chicken. Stir gently and bring to simmer to coat pasta with sauce.
6. Top with sliced cooked chicken, roasted tomatoes and pine nuts (optional). Season with extra salt and pepper or add crushed red pepper flakes, if desired.
3 cups watermelon (diced or use melon baller)
3 cups sliced strawberries
2 cups cantaloupe (diced or use melon baller)
2 cups honeydew (diced or use melon baller)
Lime Mint Dressing
1/4c freshly squeezed lime juice
1tsp agave or honey
1/8-1/4tsp sea salt
3tbsp finely chopped fresh mint
1 1/2tbsp finely chopped fresh basil
1. To make the dressing, whisk together 1/4 cup lime juice, 1tsp agave, 1/8 to 1/4tsp salt. Then add in 3tbsp chopped mint and 1 1/2tbsp chopped basil and stir gently. Set aside while prepping the rest of the ingredients so the mint and basil have a chance to flavor the dressing.
2. For the salad, use a melon baller to carve balls out of watermelon, honeydew, and cantaloupe melon. You should keep scooping until you have 3 cups of watermelon balls, 2 cups of cantaloupe balls, and 2 cups of honeydew balls. Do discard scraps- either eat then on their own, or add them to a smoothie or juice!
3. Slice the strawberries lengthwise into thin round circles. Add the strawberries and balled fruit to a mixing bowl and pour the dressing over the top. Gently stir to coat fruit, and then transfer to a serving bowl or platter. Store in the refrigerator until ready to eat. Enjoy!