3 cups shredded cauliflower (about half of a head.)
4 oz shredded sharp cheddar cheese (about 1 cup)
1/4 cup cornmeal or bread crumbs or ground oats also work
1 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp ground mustard
1.Preheat your oven to 400° F. Spray a mini muffin tin with oil or cooking spray.
2.Place the shredded cauliflower in a kitchen towel and squeeze out the excess moisture.
3. Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl, and mix together thoroughly.
4.Using a spoon or scoop, divide the mixture between the muffin cups and press down firmly into the cups.
5. Bake at 400 degrees F for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown.
6. Allow to cool slightly before running a knife around the edge to pop the tots out of the muffin tin.
Notes: You can use the shredding attachment for a food processor or a hand grater.
pancake mix- make according to package directions, using milk will make the pancakes a bit more dense
nonstick cooking spray
mini donut pan
1. Preheat your oven to 375° F.
2. Prepare your pancake mix according to the directions. As noted about in ingredients, ours called for water, but we used whole milk. Low-fat is fine too.
3. Spray your donut pan lightly with nonstick spray.
4. Add a heaping 1/4 cups of batter onto each donut cavity. Wipe off the middle of the donut cavity as batters will seep across as you pour.
5. Bake for 15-18 minutes until tops spring back lightly
Cool for approximately 10 minutes in a pan then remove.
1 can coconut cream
1 vanilla bean, scraped
1/2 cup finely shredded coconut
1 cup sugar
1 1/4 cup pineapple juice
1. In a small sauce pan combine the coconut cream and the sugar. Bring to a simmer over medium high heat. Stir until sugar is dissolved, about 5 minutes.
2. Pour mixture into a heatproof bowl and place in the refrigerator until cooled, about 15 minutes.
3. Using a small paring knife, split vanilla bean down the center lengthwise and scrape into bowl. Add shredded coconut, pineapple juice.
4. Pour mixture into 8 popsicle molds and place in the freezer until frozen.
1 (16 ounce) package gnocchi
2 packages (2 dry pints) of cherry tomatoes, any color
1 (12 ounce) tub marinated mozzarella** (save the oil!)
2-4 cloves garlic, to taste
fresh basil, to garnish
fresh Parmesan, to garnish
balsamic vinegar, to garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 450° F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
2. Open the package of gnocchi and dump the whole thing on the sheet pan.
3. Add 2 packages of cherry tomatoes to the dry pan. If your pan looks too full (you want each tomato to have a little space to roast) then remove some of the tomatoes.
4. Use the side of a chef knife to smash the garlic. Add it to the pan whole. Use as many as you like.
5. Open the tub of mozzarella. Remove the cheese to a bowl. Pour most of the herbed oil from the tub onto the pan with the gnocchi. You don’t need to use all of it. Just enough to make sure everything is coasted. Use your hands to rub oil all over the gnocchi and tomatoes. Get all those herbs on there!
6. Arrange the gnocchi and tomatoes into a single layer on the pan. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Roast at 450 for 17-20 minutes, until some of the tomatoes have popped and the gnocchi looks golden. Let the gnocchi cool on the pan for a few minutes before adding the mozzarella (you don’t want it to melt into blobs.) You can either add the mozzarella to the pan and serve it from there, or remove all of it to a serving platter and toss together. Garnish with fresh basil and Parmesan cheese! For a real treat, drizzle a bit of balsamic vinegar over each serving. You will not regret it!