1 small yellow onion
1 small butternut squash (4-5 cups cubed)
5 cups chicken or vegetable broth
3/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup shredded cheese- Recommended Gruyere but any kind will work
Parsley for topping
Salt and pepper to taste
1.Cook the macaroni according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
2.Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium low heat.
3. Cut the onion into thin rings and add the butter in the pan, sauteing over low heat until fragrant and golden, about 20 minutes.
4.Meanwhile, remove the skin and the seeds from the squash. Cut the flesh into small cubes.
5.Bring the broth to a boil and add the squash> Cook for 5-7 minutes or until for tender. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup broth, and transfer squash to the blender.
6.Add the onions, milk, salt, and reserved broth and puree until completely smooth and creamy. This should yield about 4 cups sauce.
7.Pour the pureed sauce over the cooked noodles and add the shredded cheese. Stir to melt the cheese; add water or milk to adjust consistency as needed.
8. Serve with parsley, salt, and pepper to taste.
1/4 cup unsalted butter
10oz bag marshmallows
5 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
For the Turkeys:
1/4 cup semisweet chocolate morsels, melted
12 chocolate wafers (or Hershey Kisses)
1. In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Once melted, add marshmallows and stir continuously until melted. Remove from heat and quickly fold in the cereal, until completely coated.
2.Press lightly into a buttered 13×9 baking sheet. Allow to set, about 30 minutes.
3.Using a 2 1/2 inch round cookie cutter (or whatever desired size), cut circles into the krispie treat. Eat discards immediately.
4. Using the melted semi-sweet chocolate, attach about 5 candy corn for feathers, one wafer for the face, two eyes and half of an orange m&m for the beak. Feel free to add a red candy (or pip on red candy melts) for the waddle.
1 1/2 lb 99% fat-free lean ground turkey
1 1/2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp salt
1 (15oz) can diced tomatoes, drained
1 (4.5oz) can chopped green chiles
1 cup fresh or frozen corn
1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 cup (or more) chunky salsa
2 Tbsp chopped cilantro
Juice of half a lime
12 butter lettuce leaves
Toppings (optional): shredded cheese, avocado, sour cream
1.In a large skillet over medium heat, cook ground turkey until it begins to crumble and brown.
2.Add chili powder, cumin and oregano and contue cooking until turkey is browned and completely cooked.
3. Stir in tomatoes, green chiles, corn, black beans, salsa and cilantro. Cook about 5 more minutes until heated through then mix in lime juice.
4.Add about 1/4 cup turkey mixture to each lettuce cup, add desired toppings and enjoy!
Food and Supply Source is open for business and here to serve you.
Employees are ready to take your calls, answer any questions and help with orders. Our management team is staying informed about the CDC and WHO recommendations to prevent the spread of COVID-19, such as practicing proper hand-washing hygiene.
As always, Food and Supply Source has the interest of our customers in mind. We are in constant communication with all of our distributors to get real time updates to ensure that we provide our members with accurate information as it relates to food and supply inventory levels. Rest assured, we are here and ready to help.