1 cup packed Medjool dates pitted
1/4 cup honey
1 1/2 cups rolled oate (certified gluten-free if necessary)
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 cup chopped dried apple
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1.Line an 8×8-inch baking pan with parchment paper, leaving some overhang on the sides for easy removal. Set aside.
2.In the bowl of a food processor, process dates and honey until they form a paste
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine the oats and cinnamon. Stir in the dried apple and walnuts.
4.Add date mixture to oat mixture and mix, using your hands, until well combined.
5.Transfer mixture to the prepared pan and firmly press into an even layer.
6. Chill in freezer for about 20 minutes until firm. Remove from freezer and lift granola mixture out of pan using overhang on sides. Cut into bars and serve.
1 (24 oz.) package frozen popcorn chicken
1 (1oz) package Ranch dressing mix
1 cup mayonnaise
3/4 cup milk
2 tbsp hot sauce
1/2 tsp chili powder
Small flour tortillas
Optional taco toppings: shredded lettuce, diced tomato, chopped onions, shredded cheese, sour cream etc.
1. Cook popcorn chicken according to package directions.
2.Meanwhile, whisk together Ranch dressing mix, mayonnaise, milk, hot sauce, and chili powder in a medium bowl.
3.When chicken is cooked, remove from oven and place in a large bowl, toss with desired amount of sauce to coat well. Reserve remaining sauce to serve with tacos.
4. Place coated chicken in to flour tortillas. Top with desired toppings and additional sauce and serve immediately.
For the Rice Krispies Treat
1/4 cup butter
1 bag large marshmallows (approximately 40 marshmallows)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
6 cups Rice Krispies
For the Monster Coating
Candy melts (pink, orange, blue, and vibrant green)
Candy eyes (small, medium, and large)
For the Rice Krispies Treats:
1.Spray a 9″x 13″ baking pan with cooking spray
2.In a large pot, melt the butter over low heat until melted.
3.Add the marshmallows and stir until completely melted and combined with the butter.
4.Remove from heat and add the vanilla extract and the Rice Krispies. Stir to combine.
5.Pour the mixture into the baking pan. Using a spatula sprayed with cooking spray gently press down until the pan is evenly coated.
6. Allow to cool until firm.
7. Melt approximately 1 cup of candy melts in a small bowl in the microwave at 50% power for 1 minute. Stir and then continue microwaving at 50% power for 30 seconds at a time until completely melted.
8. Add approximately 1/2 teaspoon to 2 teaspoons cooking oil (the more you add the smoother the finish, but go slowly) to the melted candy melts and stir to combine.
9. Dip the Rice Krispie treats in the candy melts and set on parchment paper.
10. Gently press the candy eyes into the candy melt coating to create your monster faces. Gently push the eyes slightly up towards the top of the monster’s “head” to create upper eye lids.
11. Allow to cool at room temperate for approximately 40 minutes or until candy melts have completely hardened.
1 can of Frito Lay Bean Dip (found in the chip aisle)
1 cup of prepared guacamole
1 cup of sour cream and 1/2 cup for making the web
1 pouch of taco seasoning
8-10 black olives, reserve two to make the spider, dice or slice the rest
1 cup of cheddar cheese
1 tomato, seeded and diced
1 cup of kale, shredded very thin
1.Spread the bean dip across the whole plate.
2.Mix the 1 cup of sour cream with the taco seasoning. Spread this sour cream in about a 2 inch ring around the outside of the …………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….plate.
3. On top of the beans and just in the center of the sour cream ring, spread the guacamole.
4. Next, take your 1/2 cup of sour cream and put it into a ziploc bag all into one corner. Cut a very small piece off the corner and use the bag to draw the spider web on top of the guacamole.
5.Sprinkle the kale, cheese, tomato and olives on top of the sour cream.
6.To make your spider, place one whole black olive in the center of the web, then slice the other olive into 8 thin strips to make the legs.
Food and Supply Source is open for business and here to serve you.
Employees are ready to take your calls, answer any questions and help with orders. Our management team is staying informed about the CDC and WHO recommendations to prevent the spread of COVID-19, such as practicing proper hand-washing hygiene.
As always, Food and Supply Source has the interest of our customers in mind. We are in constant communication with all of our distributors to get real time updates to ensure that we provide our members with accurate information as it relates to food and supply inventory levels. Rest assured, we are here and ready to help.