5 (6-7) bone-in, skin on chicken thighs
4 Tbsp olive oil divided
1 1/2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
3 cloves garlic minced (1Tbsp)
1 Tbsp each minced fresh thyme, sage, & rosemary
salt & pepper to taste
1 large sweet potato (about 16oz) chopped into 3/4-inch cubes
1 lb brussels sprout, sliced into halves
2 medium fuji apples, cored and sliced into half moons about 3/4- inch thick
2 shallot bulbs, peeled and sliced about 1/4 inch thick
2 slices hickory smoked bacon, chopped into 1-inch pieces
2 Tbsp chopped parsley, for garnish (optional)
1.Preheat oven to 450° F.
2.Pour 2 Tbsp olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic and herbs into a gallon size resealable bag.
3. Add chicken, season with salt and pepper. Seal bag and massage mixture over chicken while working to evenly distribute herbs. Set aside and let rest while chopping veggies.
4.Place sweet potato, brussel sprouts, apples and shallot on an 18 by 13-inch rimmed baking sheet.
5.Spread into an even layer, Set chicken thighs over veggie/apple layer.
6. Separate any pieces of bacon that may be stuck together then sprinkle bacon over veggie apple mixture.
7.Roast in preheated oven until chicken and veggies are golden brown, about 30-35 minutes (chicken and veggies are golden brown, about 30-35 minutes (chicken should register 165 in center). Broil during last few minutes for a more golden brown crispy skin on chicken if desired.
8.Garnish with parsley if desired and serve warm.
1 ready-rolled puff pastry sheet (roughly 13 ounces)
4-5 Tbsp creme fraiche or sour cream
3 small firm pears or 2 larger ones, cut into thin wedges
1/2 cup feta cheese
1 handful walnut pieces lightly crushed/broken
A large drizzle of honey
Freshly ground black pepper
Arugula salad leaves to decorate and to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 390°F/ 200°C
2.Lay the pastry sheet out on a baking tray lined with baking paper (trim the pastry slightly if you need to), then score a 1.5-2cm border all the way around the edge with a knife (taking care not to cut all the way through).
3.Bake for 7 minutes until the pastry is all puffed up, then remove from the oven.
4. Push the inside of the tart down inside the border, then spread the creme fraiche/sour cream all over this part. Add the pear slices in an overlapping pattern, then return the tart to the oven for 15 minutes until golden and risen.
5. Remove the tart from the oven again and crumble over the feta and sprinkle over the walnuts. Bake for another 5 minutes.
6.. To serve, drizzle a little honey, grind over some black pepper, and scatter over a few arugula leaves.
7. Serve with a simple arugula salad.
1 1/3 c. all purpose flour
3 c. sugar
2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground nutmeg
1 15oz can pumpkin
1 c. vegetable oil
2/3 c. water
1.Preheat oven to 350°F.
2.Prepare loaf pans- spray you loaf pans with nonstick spray and set aside.
3.Grab a mixing bowl and mix pumpkin, oil, eggs and water until completely combined. Add in dry ingredients and mix until …………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..combined.
4.Pour into loaf pans- take your batter and spoon it evenly between your loaf pans.
5.Bake-place loaf pans in preheated oven and bake 60-65 minutes. Remove from oven and cool 10 minutes before removing from pan. Allow to completely cool on wire rack.
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
1/2 large yellow onion, peeled and diced
2 large garlic cloves, minced
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp ancho chili powder
1/2 tsp paprika
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
2 14.5-oz cans diced tomatoes
2 15-oz cans black beans, rinsed and drained
14-oz can diced green chilies
2 1/2 cups vegetable broth
1 1/2 cups frozen corn
1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
For the Garnish
Fresh chopped cilantro
Shredded cheddar cheese
1.Heat oil in a large saucepan or stock pot over medium heat.
2.Add onion and saute until softened, stirring frequently for 3-4 minutes
3. Add garlic and stir frequently until fragrant, about 30-60 seconds, Do not let the garlic burn.
4. Stir in cumin, ancho chili powder, paprika, cayenne, salt, pepper, tomatoes with their juices, beans, chilies, broth, and corn until combined
5.Bring to a boil over medium- high heat, then reduce heat to low. Continue to simmer for 15 minutes, until liquid is reduced by a quarter.
6.Remove from heat and stir in lime juice. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste.
7. Serve with your favorite toppings.